Today I’m joined by Naomi Bellina, author of Don’t Say No. So what does Naomi do when she’s not writing?
I’m so glad you asked! Even though I’m not able to write as much as I’d like, I spend a lot of time thinking about writing or about things to do with writing. Here are a few ways I occupy my time when I’m not actually sitting at my keyboard typing furiously.
- I eavesdrop on strangers. You know when you’re talking to someone else or on your phone, and someone is nearby, close enough to hear you, but they look like they’re reading or playing on their phone and anyway, polite people don’t listen to other people’s conversation, so you ignore them. Yeah, that’s me, and I’m all over that discussion you’re having about your sister-in-law’s date with her boss. Gathering material, taking mental notes. Yep.
- I get you to tell me juicy stories. If I even get a whiff of an interesting tale, I’ll sweet talk the details right out of you before you know what happened. When you say “Oh, I really shouldn’t talk about that”, it’s like catnip to me. I must have it. Don’t worry, names are always changed to protect the innocent, and the guilty too.
- I read obsessively whenever I can. Sadly, it’s not often enough, but whenever I’m not driving, working, or doing another chore that requires my full attention, I find something to peruse. If a cereal box is in front of me while I chomp breakfast, I read it. Standing in the grocery store checkout line, I’m thumbing through a magazine. At stop lights, if I’m not busy putting on my makeup, I’ve got my phone in my hand, reading something or other.
- I try not to get run over by cars. Walking helps me think but sometimes I get a little too involved in my thoughts and cross the road, totally oblivious to what’s going on around me. Thankfully, I’ve managed to stay in one piece so far.
- Whenever I can, I go for a ride on the back of my honey’s motorcycle and let the wind whip over me. It’s a great place to be ponder ideas and I’ve worked out some tricky plot points on that Harley.
I’d like to say I get to spend hours every day at my keyboard but sadly, I do have to work, shop, cook, clean (not so much that last one), so I do live a relatively normal life. Sort of. I’ve made it my goal to always make the fun choice and seek adventure whenever possible.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy Don’t Say No.
Mixing business with pleasure has never been so much fun.
Amber’s life sucks. Her ex got her thrown out of college, then fired from her job. When she’s hired for a mystery shopping assignment, she hopes this is exactly what she needs to kick-start her life and get her back on track.
Jaeger is all business when he hires Amber to check out the spa he’s purchasing. If she can help him prove that the venture will be a success, then he can build his own future, not the one his family has mapped out for him. Becoming attracted to his sexy spy isn’t part of the plan.
Amber can’t see how she fits into Jaeger’s world, and he’s too uptight to ever fit into hers. Circumstances bring them together, in bed and out, but when a secret from his upper-class life is revealed, Amber must decide if she can trust him. Or is her life going down in flames all over again?
A Sneak peek inside…
She reached across the table and pinched his cheek. He caught her hand and held it. A little zing went up her arm at the touch. He had a nice, firm grip, and she enjoyed the sensation of his skin on hers.
“Thank you for doing this.” He didn’t let go of her hand, looking intently into her eyes.” It really is a good idea, and I know you’re going to help us out a lot.”
“Well hell, thank you for hiring me. I’m actually kind of having fun,” she said, breaking his stare but not pulling her hand away. The zing turned into a tingle that moved down her body, all the way to her toes.
He rubbed his thumb along the skin. “Such soft hands. Don’t let them work you too hard, and make sure to wear gloves.”
As if he suddenly realized he was caressing her in the middle of a diner, Jaeger let her go.
They both bent their heads over their menus, though by now Amber almost had it memorized. A small smile crept to her lips. A little hand-holding was an unexpectedly nice way to start the day.
Get your copy of Don’t Say No at:
Who is Naomi Bellina…?
I love spas! Even as an employee at several, I’ve always enjoyed the relaxing, pampering atmosphere in a place that’s designed to be all about feeling good. This book is a work of fiction and most of the craziness that went on at Bella Sun doesn’t really happen at spas. Mostly. I like to think there’s always a romance or two going on behind the scenes. I’ve also been a mystery shopper, though I never received spa treatments on any of my assignments. Some girls have all the luck!
I hope this book encouraged you to not only search for your own true love, but to follow your dreams, no matter how many setbacks you encounter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow the tour
January 19: Musings From An Addicted Reader
January 20: Carpe_Diem
January 21: Yeah Books!
January 22: Beyond My Writing Space
January 23: Books and Other Spells
January 26: Romance Novel Giveaways
January 27: Writers and Authors
January 27: LibriAmoriMiei – review only
January 28: Hope. Dreams. Life… Love
January 28: Romorror Fan Girl – review only
January 29: Harps Romance Book Review
January 30: Unabridged Andra’s