I’ve just had a scary thought;
it’s officially the 2nd half of 2012 today.
OMG! where is this year going? OMG! I get my end of year 1 results from university tomorrow… eek!
June’s been a bit of a strange month for me. Call it divine intervention, fate, bad luck, or plain old ill-health but the dreadful M word attacked me at the end of May! I suffer from Migraine Aura’s more than the migraine pain itself and this time it was mainly sensitivity to sound. No TV, No music, No talking, No fun! Picture me, hiding under a pillow while the kettle boiled – Go on … its okay to laugh … its hilarious!!!
Well it is now, it wasn’t then. It drove me nuts for 3 weeks!!!
Its had both good and bad outcomes for my writing.
- I managed to write an entire novel called Tainted Love. Yay!
- I have 5 new characters in the Valentina Secrets Series on the back of Tainted Love. Yay!
- I did some web searching and got some really cool ideas and began redesigning my website. 🙂 (please bare with me on the transformation I’m uploading the new pages as I finish them.)
- I’ve had to postpone the release of my first novel.
- Not hitting that personal goal of publishing my first novel before the big three zero 🙁
However, I’ve sent Tainted Love out to betas and the feedback I’m getting it’s amazing. They’re really enjoying it. Faith’s story is creating the impact I hoped to achieve and I’m now in the process of finding an editor, cover designer, etc. So hopefully the delay won’t be too long.
Because we’re at the years half way mark, I thought I’d look back at my New Year’s Writing Resolutions … oh that’s right! I didn’t make any – Hahahaha! … This year I decided I was going to make a plan. I was going to look at the bigger picture. I’m aiming for long term success.
So we’re half way through 2012… what have I achieved?
Well, I’ve written 3 novels in the Valentina Secrets Series. Yay me! I’ve increased my social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Blogger, all though there are more networks to build on. And I’m using the skills I have learned during my 1st year at university to redesign erincawood.co.uk. So the long term plan is in action but there is still some way to go.
Find out more about Tainted Love at erincawood.co.uk
Posts you may have missed: